Monday, June 6, 2011

Minecraft Monday!!

Hello fellow Minecraft players. It's a bright new week. Lets talk about Minecraft.

After 1.6, Notch came out with six or so subsequent updates to fix any bugs created by 1.6. He also changed some functionality of existing items. I'll go over them.

Bonemeal can now grow tall grass, and on occasion flowers, when you use it on grass.

Glowstone and wool now only take 4 pieces of glowstone or string to craft.


Glowstone must be gathered with a pickaxe so its a bit tougher to gather, but when it's gathered it yields up to 4 glowstone dust. This is very good, because before it wasn't worth tromping through the nether trying to gather 9 glowstone dust only yielding one from every glowstone you broke. Much much more efficient now.

So, surprisingly, that's really it. Notch said himself we shouldn't be getting another update until the 1.7 update. But, something exciting he mentioned was that the 1.7 update will be the adventure mode update! Exciting. The only details we really have about this update is that it will be a more controlled version of the existing game. I'm hoping it has controllable limits and more of a narrative, and NPC villages. That would be an excellent update.

So, I've got my gear, I've lit the nether portal. Time to get me some glow stone to deck my cave out.



-Miner Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment