Sunday, May 29, 2011

Top Ten Videogame Playtimes

This week I'm going to do something strange... I'm listing the games I have logged the most time playing. Some games are just replayable, others are time consuming, and some are addicting. Here they are, the Top Ten Videogame Playtimes... for Neezo.

Number Ten: Star Wars Battlefront II



Battlefront II was one of the most fun Playstation 2 games my family owned. I was really good when we played and got all the achievements. It was one of the first games I owned that had achievements and I was really addicted to getting them. Maybe I never played story mode and only played versus or conquest, but I really logged some serious hours fighting the Dark Side of the Force.

Number Nine: Fallout: New Vegas



I was fully addicted to Fallout 3, and when New Vegas came out I was All In. I bought the limited/collector's edition with all the special props, and then began playing for some 12 hours straight. I think I beat the game in less than 24 hours with small breaks for college classes and a few meals. The hours I logged playing Fallout 3 still hold over New Vegas, but then again there have been fewer DLCs and I have been enjoying other games as well. But I still logged enough for it to reach number nine. (With the new DLC out I should be logging a few more here soon...)

Number Eight: Sonic Adventure 2: Battle



Possibly one of my most favorite games when I was growing up and my most favorite Sonic game. I love Sonic as a videogame character and I think he gets a bad rap for all the crap games the developers have come out with. SA2 was replayable, had good versus, and had "achievements" to unlock in each level. I strove to get an "A" on all achievements, and though I failed I DID get all of them. I just had a few E and Cs thrown in. The point is, the game was fun, the characters were good, and the replay value was really high. This let me log tons of hours in on my favorite game at the time.

Number Seven: CafeWorld



How else do you make it to the top in a Facebook game? You log in hours and hours and hours to top the competition. I haven't played in almost a year, and I'm still number one among my friends. I played for ten or twenty minutes here and a few more there all day everyday. If I were addicted to any game on Facebook, this was the one. I even have had intellectual conversations about it and true dialogue regarding strategy and recipes. Yeah, I was that guy.

Number Six: Left 4 Dead



My favorite zombie game comes in at six. The FPS zombie survival game has no "real" storyline or story mode, but four distinct campaigns. Playing with my roommate and friends led to hours of playtime. We played almost every night for an entire year, until Left 4 Dead 2 came out and we stopped. I still play online here and there and am still rather badass. However, I just don't log the same hours I do for the top five games.

Number Five: The SIMS Series



I'm including all SIMS games from SIMS 1 to 3. I have found myself playing for hours and hours customizing, creating, designing, and playing with made-up people. Though I now find it rather tedious and a bit repetitive I was addicted to following my Sims through their lives. I would sit there all night, 8-5, following the marriage, child birth, and death of my Sim. It's still cool for a playthrough here and there, but I'm not all SIMS anymore.

Number Four: Modern Warfare 2



I played Call of Duty 4 a lot and enjoyed it, until I was constantly sniped and pissed at the constant annoyances. The story was interesting and fun, and I was excited to see it continue. Modern Warfare 2 brought what I was hoping. The gameplay was the same, so I didn't need to start on Recruit and went to Hardened. Though it took me longer to beat the game on Veteran, I still enjoyed it. The storyline was great and what I expected from Infinity Ward and the multiplayer/co-op was greatly improved. I can survive and even lead my team in multiplayer and the co-op has helped push the hours beyond Left 4 Dead.

Number Three: Minecraft



Minecraft is the fastest growing time-consumer in my life. Instead of studying for my senior finals, I was playing Minecraft. Instead of researching for my senior thesis I was playing Minecraft. Instead of readying for Graduation I was... sleeping. Anyhow, this game has logged so many hours in the course of a few months I am sad to say I still play it. Though it has lost the excitement it once held, I still play Minecraft almost daily. I'd play for seven or more hours a day for months, and that has made it the fastest growing on this list.

Number 2: Pokemon Blue Version



Pokemon Blue was the only game I liked when I was a kid. It was also one of the only games I owned. I loved Pokemon and played it for hours and hours at a time. I beat the game 100% legitimately, all 150, no cheats, I beat the Elite Four, had almost all Lv100s, and never used a cheat. It took about 215 hours to do it. There was no quick use of the bike, no organiztion of items, and no running. Travel was slow and deliberate, and the rival was popping up all over. The race to Lv100 among my friends and I led me to hours of fighting the Elite Four. I was the best, like no one ever was.

Number One: Fallout 3



Oh, my, GOODNESS! I played for hours my first sitting. I was instantly addicted to Fallout 3. I loved it so much I couldn't stop. I kept playing and playing. I beat the game so many times in all different ways with such different characters. I would make a unique character each time, changing one or more choices each time. Then I downloaded some DLCs and beat them many times over. When my brother got Game of the Year Edition, I borrowed all the DLCs. I was stoked and played more. I kept playing and playing. The amount of time I logged literally overheated the XBox console many times over. My second XBox 360 may have been destroyed due to Fallout 3, but I'm not entirely sure. I bought the XBox for Halo 3, but kept it for Fallout 3. I still play it from time to time (it has been replaced with Fallout: New Vegas) and I still have ways to be unique. Oh, and I got 100% of the achievements after a year.

Which games have you spent the most time playing? Which ones really light up your scoreboard? Comment it up!!!

- Neezo

2 comments:

  1. I caught all 150 without cheats and leveled up MOST of my Pokemon to level 100, but I can't remember if I did it with Rare Candies or not. I maxed out my game hours at 255. I was hardcore.

    Probably my top ten would be something like:
    10. Final Fantasy VI
    9. Mario 64 (never got all the star pieces, but did play it a whole lot)
    8. Ocarina of Time
    7. Starcraft
    6. Super Smash Bros. Melee (shared with my bro)
    5. Wind Waker (didn't get all the pieces of heart, though)
    4. Pokemon Fire Red
    3. Pokemon Pearl
    2. Pokemon Red
    1. Fire Emblem

    ...All Nintendo games. Never had an XBox...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, nintendo trails after XBox since I played in moderation back then. I got addicted to games after I bought the XBox. Fire Emblem is definitely number 11, and Twilight Princess and Starcraft come in close 12...

    ReplyDelete