Thursday, May 26, 2011

Best Videogame Peripherals of All Time

I think that when you go back to the good old days of gaming, one of the coolest things about all the old games was the crazy strange gear that came with them. Items like the light gun from duck hunt or rob the robot or even the virtua boy visor have now become the stuff of legend, but we all had a favorite one growing up. In my case it was the sega pico which was a little kids video game console. For others it was probably their first controller with a rumble pack (mine was on the snes) or maybe even the power glove if you are a true nerd among nerds. One thing is for sure though is that I'd like to hear about your favorite strange or classic game peripherals that you loved and want to share about.

3 comments:

  1. For me, it's the n64 cartridge pack that allowed you to integrate your Pokémon game with the system. These days it's all done over the air, but back when it first came out it was magical seeing your Pokémon in 3D fighting. It was also awesome to play the game itself on your tv screen. That has to be the best peripheral I've used, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some games are doing that today. Most of it tends to be special edition stuff, like the platinum chip and game cards I got for Fallout: New Vegas. The Pokewalker came with SoulSilver and HeartGold. Just thinking about how cool the items are now and how cool they were back then makes me wonder why people do do it more often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To clarify my previous statement: the new stuff is not related to the game in sense of content, but some games like Pokemon are adding new gear to enhance the experience. I like my souvenirs but game gear is really cool.

    ReplyDelete